The American Institute for Foreign Study Foundation and AYA have presented 10 American high schools with 2018 Tony Cook Memorial Grants.
Each of the following high schools have received $1,000 for their ongoing support of cultural education and international exchange:
- Donna North High School, Donna, Texas
- Mead High School, Longmont, Colorado
- South Florence High School, Florence, South Carolina
- Mullen Jr./Sr. High School, Mullen, Nebraska
- North Royalton High School, North Royalton, Ohio
- Bodine High School for International Affairs, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Delsea Regional High School, Franklinville, New Jersey
- Spooner School District, Spooner, Wisconsin
- Clear Lake Jr./Sr. High School, Clear Lake, Wisconsin
- Hornell High School, Hornell, New York
AYA is sponsored by the AIFS Foundation, which administrates the Tony Cook Memorial Grants. The grants are awarded each year to American high schools that demonstrate the commitment to international exchange by hosting foreign students and developing projects, programs and/or events that teach American youth about the global economy.
The award is named in honor of Tony Cook, a former trustee of the AIFS Foundation who served his country for 30 years as a career officer in the U.S. Information Agency.
“These grants honor the legacy of Tony Cook to foster international education and cultural exchange initiatives and to increase opportunities for American students to excel and provide positive impressions of the United States for students visiting from other nations,” said Melanie French, Executive Director of AYA. “Now, more than ever, these programs are imperative to prepare students for a greater level of international competition and communication, in pursuit of academic and professional advancement.”
Is your school interested in earning a Tony Cook Memorial Grant in 2019? Get started by supporting cultural education and international exchange with AYA! Click here to learn how to globalize your campus with Academic Year in America’s high school exchange program.