Academic Year in America (AYA) is proud to be a program of choice for international students and host families across the U.S. If you are thinking about hosting an exchange student, you’ll find many reasons to host a student with AYA.
When you are considering the opportunity to host a student, you’re on the threshold of an amazing experience. For you and your family to get the most out of hosting, it’s important to make sure you find the best program. When you are ready to get started, consider the following benefits of hosting with AYA:
Choice of Students
- AYA provides host families with choice. Our students are fully screened young men and women with diverse talents and interests. You can choose to host a student based on criteria and interests that will complement your family and household, including gender, hobbies and country of origin. AYA students call more than fifty countries home. They are good students, 15–18 years of age and have completed at least three years of English class.
Fully Insured Students
- Host families appreciate peace of mind knowing their AYA students have full medical insurance for their stay in America. This medical coverage is designed especially for cultural exchange participants so they are medically and financially protected in case of injury or illness.
- You’ll have guidance and assistance from a Local Coordinator. AYA maintains a strong community presence with a national network of Local Coordinators working directly with host families and students to support positive experiences and community engagement.
National 24/7 Support for Host Families
- In addition to the hands-on support of Local Coordinators, when you host a student with AYA, you can depend on our decades of experience, organizational strength and stability. The folks at headquarters in Stamford, CT are on a mission to make sure host families, students, schools and Local Coordinators have everything needed for a rewarding experience. If you ever need more than routine assistance or help outside of office hours, AYA also provides a 24/7 emergency hotline.
Highest Approval Ranking
- Academic Year in America is a program of the AIFS Foundation, a non-profit working to foster international understanding through cultural exchange. AIFS Foundation was founded in 1967 with the assistance of the late Senator Robert F. Kennedy. As a matter of annual review, our programs are consistently awarded Full Listing status, the highest approval ranking by the Council on Standards for International Education Travel (CSIET).
Interested in learning more about hosting an international exchange student with AYA? Visit our website!